|Faculty Economic and Management Sciences
Department Business Management
Job ID: 2051
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide study leadership to postgraduate students, namely Honours and Master’s students, and act as supervisor for Ph.D. students.
- Lecture Marketing Management at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Conduct research in the field of Marketing and deliver quality research outputs in line with the research strategy of the Faculty.
- Participate in community activities such as mentorship, and the provision of training and short courses in the areas of specialisation.
- Perform academic administration pertaining to undergraduate and postgraduate subjects – this may include typing, setting and marking of all question papers and memorandums, recording of marks and handling of student complaints.
- Serve as a member of various academic committees and perform any other tasks allocated by the Dean and head of department.
- Ph.D. in Business Management with specialisation in Marketing.
- Proven experience in the presentation of papers / posters at national scholarly conferences.
- Proven national recognition for specialist expertise and research in a specific area of scholarship.
- A NRF rating or demonstrable potential for obtaining a NRF rating.
- Proven experience in supervision of graduate master’s students.
- A proven research record of relevant publications in accredited national and international journals.
- Proven experience of service as an active member of a national or international scholarly society or committee or agency concerned with research at higher education levels.
Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University’s parallel-medium and richly diverse working environment.
Assumption of duties:
1 November 2017.
22 September 2017.
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9962/9329/2808.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Applications may be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Copies of all academic records
- Copies of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications)
- A copy of your identity document (ID)
Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
External candidates can click HERE to apply online.
UFS staff members can log onto PeopleSoft, click on Self Service, then on Recruiting, and then on Careers to apply online.