Mossel Bay Municipality : 2018 / 2019 Finance Graduate / Internship Programme
CLOSING DATE: 18 MAY 2018 (No applications received after 13h00 will be accepted)
SALARY SCALE: R100 000 .00 (inclusive pa ckage per annum)
MOSSEL BAY MUNICIPALITY Mossel Bay Municipality, an employer committed to equal employment invites persons to apply for the under mentioned vacancy FINANCIAL INTERNSHIPS (APPLICANTS RESIDING IN THE WESTERN CAPE WILL BE GIVEN PREFF ERENCE) (CONTRACTUAL APPOINTMENTS: 12 MONTHS WITH AN OPTION TO EXTEND THE PERIOD FOR A FURTHER 12 MONTHS)
The Municipality is pa rticipating in the internship P rogramme which National Government has embarked upon to address the financial skills shortage i n Local Government by providing recently qualified Economic, Public Finance and Accounting graduates with the opportunity to acquire skills. The candidates must have a driver license for a manual vehicle. The interns will sign an Internship Agreement in a ddition to the employment contract. The agreement is to ensure commitment to the Programme, which requires, amongst others, full participation in the educational and workplace assignments and observance of policies and procedures. Reasonable written and ve rbal communic ation skills and computer literacy are further requirements. Interns will be subjected to the Municipal Disciplinary Code .
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Meet specific learning outcomes as set out in the National Treasury`s Finance Intern Skills Deve lopment Program
- Gain an understanding of the relevant legislation applicable to a municipality
- Gain and implementing an understanding of financial regulations emanating from the National Treasury
- Perform duties, prepare and implement uniform norms and sta ndards in the following sections: Income, Expenditure, Budget Office, Supply Chain Management and other sections in the Finance Department.
- Perform other general office duties as fairly requested from time to time .
- Shortlisted candidates may be subjected and required to undergo a theoretical and/or practical test. – Notwithstanding any representations to the contrary, no employment contract will come into effect until a written offer has been made by the municipality to, and accepted by, the applicant
How To Apply
- Applications in writing on the official application form and accompanied by a comprehensive CV, which will be regarded as confidential, must be directed to: The Senior Manager Human Resources, P O Box 25, Mossel Bay, 6500. These conditions are compulsory and failing to comply will automatically lead to disqualification of the applicant.
- Original Certified copies of proof of qualifications should accompany the CV.
- Electronic applications may be e – mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For equity purposes please indicate your race, gender and disability status.
- Further details are obtainable from Ms C Wagenaar or Ms L de Vos at telephone number (044) – 6065000.
- If applicants are not contacted within 40 days of the closing date, it can be accepted that they were not successful.
- The Mossel Bay Municipality is committed to comply to the requirements of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998, for the advancement of previously disadvant aged and disabled persons