FHI360 Jobs in South Africa : Training Officer
The NPA Training Officer will be responsible for training coordination of the Thuthuzela Care Centres (TCCs) multidisciplinary training as part of the OVC Plus Up project. The training officer will report to the Associate Director. S/he will oversee overall planning, implementation and monitoring of the TCCs multidisciplinary trainings, and all training logistics. In order to be successful in this role, the incumbent will be required to travel to the field from time to time to fulfil the requirements for effective program implementation.
· Coordinate training plans, bookings and logistics for the TCCs multidisciplinary trainings
· Facilitate the printing, packaging and facilitate/ coordinate delivery of training materials to the respective sites
· Communicate with relevant stakeholders to confirm dates, participants and venues
· Develop training reports detailing training outcomes, lessons learned and challenges
· Provide regular updates on trainings undertaken
· Implement FHI 360’s training standard operating procedure, including collection and filing of all training documents attendance registers, name badges, training reports, etc
· Support data collection from the Thuthuzela Care Centre
· Represent FHI 360 at NPA multidisciplinary training
· Undertake any other duties as assigned by Associate Director
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
· Relevant Training and Development or Social Science related qualification
· 2 years’ experience in a project coordination/project administration/training coordination role.
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook applications.
· Valid Driver’s license
· Good communication skills both verbal and written
· Ability to understand various cultures and beliefs
· Ability to adapt to various situations in order to achieve a goal
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
· Ability to prioritise and work under pressure
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to interact with clients and management at all levels
· Time management skills
· Good administrative and organisational skills
· Takes ownership and works in an autonomous capacity
· Excellent planning and organisational skills
· Problem solving and decision-making skills
· Meticulous attention to detail
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.